Monday, September 1, 2008

September 1, 2008

I am exhausted and as red as a lobster.

We took Billie to a clinic today that was geared toward folks participating in this mustange makeover. We learned so much! The basics were covered. We also got exposed to SO MUCH SCARY STUFF! Charles took pictures, and I will try to get these uploaded in the next few days. After today, I feel really good about how things will be in Ft. Worth. We've got lots of practice on our basics to get in still, and lots of scary things we need to find out about, but overall, I feel we'll be just fine.

Of course, it was dark when we left the house, and I forgot to put on my sunscreen, and then when I was out in the arena shading my eyes, realized I didn't have my hat on either. ARGH! The big shocker was seeing myself in the mirror when I got home--red red red.

1 comment:

kirsten said...

So much fun to read...I'm so jealous...sounds like a lot of fun. Christy is awesome - no nonsense but kind and just doesn't give a hoot if the horse is being a fool. I've known her since she was a early teen and she has come so far in her horsemanship skills. I am thinking of her showing Riley on the flat next year...she is a much better rider than I am.