Wednesday, May 28, 2008

May 28, 2008

Interesting day...a good day. Billie continues to eat hay from my hand and to eat from the ground feeder while I hold it. She does not mind my presence in her pen to scoop poop or bring feed. Tonight, I had friends over and took a few out to meet Billie. Beverly squatted by the corner of Billie's shed and let Billie sniff her over. At some point, Bev moved and Billie startled, going into a pretty rearing dance. She got over it pretty quickly and headed back to sniff at Bev some more. Bev noted that each time Billie encountered someone new, she would go over to my spot at the fence before heading back to the newbie, as though for reassurance--a nice thought and compliment to me, I guess, meaning that I offer comfort and security for Billie.

Billie continues to be curious about visitors and her surroundings. My thought is that she must have had a relatively "pleasant" capture experience. She does not seem frightened of things/events/people. That is not to say she does not startle and is not cautious, but she does not exhibit fear of new things/events/people. The BLM must have done a good job in her capture.

No comments: