Tuesday, August 5, 2008

August 5, 2008

I really need to update photos of Billie. She has filled out nicely, and grown, I think.

This was a good morning this morning. She was very easy to work. I try to keep in mind the words of Clinton Anderson, "Be black or white". Sometimes I catch myself being gray, like "kissing" to Billie when I'm meaning to shoo her away--my bad. But if I keep in mind "black & white", I usually can be more clear, and she responds better. Duh.

So, it was a good morning, and my little mustang was very responsive (in a positive manner). She went around the pen as I asked. When she made to turn without prompting, I figured out to stop her, ask her toward the center, and then send her on the direction I wanted. I just have to remember to slow it down sometimes and let her have that break with two eyes on me--the two eyes is what it's all about anyway. We did more follow the leader, hula hoop, and sending through the gate, and she was nearly perfect.

This evening, we got home late so her supper was late. I asked Elizabeth to go out to feed her so I could get our supper on. Elizabeth told me that Billie dashed around the pen kicking and bucking when she headed out there, and again when she walked away. I think the little girl was hungry and was letting us know her displeasure at having a late feeding. I went out myself when Elizabeth came back into the house and told me all this, and Billie was too busy eating her grain to bother with running around.

No comments: