Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June 10, 2008

I'm finding that I can try just about anything out on Billie while she is eating her grain. Today, I brought the rope back into the pen and rubbed her all over with it. This evening, I added tossing it over her back and neck. She didn't mind one bit! It's a little different story when she is not eating, but I think we will keep making progress.

I made a huge boo-boo today. I was tossing the bigger rocks from her pen because they seem to make her stumble and I know my other horses do not care for them. At one point, I was squatting down and Billie came up to sniff me. I thought this was a good thing since I was holding the rope and I was hoping that this was her real interest. Before I knew it, that little filly had snuffled my sleeve and then took a bite! It didn't break the skin (or tear the sleeve), but it is going to bruise. Of course I slapped her and then growled at her twice--I think she got the message.

No comments: