Monday, June 9, 2008

June 9, 2008

What a nice day today with the mustang. I spent a bit of the morning, after horsey chores, putting more decomposed granite in Billie's pen. She was really freaked when I would approached with the wheel barrow, but then would settle down. She minded not one bit when I would push the wheel barrow into her pen and dump the contents. She even offered to help spread the granite!

I can definitely stroke her all along her back and some down her front legs. It's really easy while she's eating, but I can do this when I'm just hanging out with her, too.

I think I will start bringing the rope into the pen with me again and rub her all over with that. Then I'll start some desensitizing with it and then try pulling her with the rope. She already lets me shove her off balance to move her around while I'm working in the pen, so I don't think this will be a big shock.

No comments: