Monday, June 16, 2008

June 16, 2008

Today was terrific! This morning, I decided it was time to take the halter off of Billie. I've practiced a handful of times putting one on and taking it off on top of the one she's wearing, and today I tried it a couple more times while she was eating breakfast. No problems. So I took a deep breath and unfastened the halter Billie has been wearing since we picked her up at Stallion Station in Elgin. I slid it off her face. She put her head up, chew chew chew. When she put her head back down for more, I slid it back on and re-fastened it. No biggie. So I took another deep breath and took it off again. Wow! She's so very pretty, especially without that halter! And I feel tons better knowing she's less likely to get caught on something.

We were on a roll! On a whim I decided to see if I could pick up her feet, too! I've had no trouble brushing down her legs, and one of those times she even offered her foot--how does she know these things? I made may way around to all four feet in turn and had no problem picking each one up. No big deal!

Now we'll start playing with leading.

No comments: