Thursday, June 5, 2008

June 5, 2008

She's finally learning some manners. It helps that I enter her pen with the stock whip when carrying food, especially grain. She stays back yet does not seem terribly perturbed. Nor does she rush the grain when I set it down. Good little girl.

Charles unloaded the round bale and it sure makes it easier to peel hay off it. Billie eats a lot of hay! I can understand why it is so expensive these days to keep a horse if the horse is not on pasture and you have to buy hay. Billie ate through 3 square bales (or almost) the first week home. Depending on what you pay per bale ($5.00 - $7.50 is what I've paid the last few weeks), you could spend upwards of $100 per month on just the hay! The grain runs $15-30 per month. Thank goodness my trail horses are on pasture! I can't wait for Billie to join them out at the farm.

No comments: