Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July 23, 2008

Leading Billie is getting easier and she's fooling me that she's a pro at this. I think she kind of enjoys the diversion.

We brought in the panels for the round pen and got it set up outside her pen. I've still got some stuff to move out of the way, but expect to be able to turn her loose inside the round pen by the weekend. I can't wait to see her explore!

My goal for that is to let her run around some, and also to start working her. Clinton Anderson says you should be successful round penning before starting ground work. We'll see. In my personal experience (only two horses), I've not round penned, only done ground work.

Billie's a pretty smart girl. I hope not too smart for me!

After we've had some successes round penning and/or ground working, I'll start setting up some obstacles for us to lead around. Cool, cool, cool! Can't wait!

No comments: