Thursday, July 3, 2008

July 3, 2008

Billie left the towel hanging up, so I moved it to another spot. She's still looking at it. This evening, it was on the ground, but I think the wind pulled it down. I put it back above her hay, and then fed her grain on the other side of it. Tee Hee!

This morning, I brushed her out again. I think that she must have lain in her poop! Or maybe she was extra dirty from the little shower we had yesterday afternoon. I also picked up each hoof. She's getting better at this, but I still have to get her to shift her weight around to free up a foot.

She tells me each day that she would like to try going outside again. Fat chance!

I ordered more of the Priefert Hoss panels from American Fence today. It may take a few weeks for them to come in. It will be good to expand her pen so that she has a bit more run around room, and I have more room to work her.

Tomorrow is July 4th. I sure hope that firecrackers, which are illegal in the city but get popped anyway, will not frighten her too much. I hope my panels hold--they will. I just worry about her being worried. Maybe I should have thought to make loud noises before this to get her used to that?

No comments: